Thursday 16 June 2016

It may have come to your attention that all of a sudden I am becoming slightly more prolific with my posts than I have been previously. The reason for this is that I am suddenly at a loose end and need something to do to fill my spare time other than housework - when my children are at home I spend my time with them.

I finished my college course last week and it wasn't until the day after I handed my last couple of assignments in and got everything signed off that I realised just how intense it has been since September. In that time I have written 42 assignments which looking back I can't quite believe. And I've achieved the equivalent of As and Bs at A-level which isn't bad for a girl who left school 25 years ago with just one grade C at GCSE (maths in case you're wondering).

If you're reading this and are considering doing an Access course then I would say go for it. I've loved it, yes it's been hard at times, especially when I've ended up falling behind - I was really ill for a few weeks and couldn't do any work and then just as I caught up from that one of my friends was involved in a car accident and I was visiting her in hospital most days which meant I fell behind again but got myself caught up.

One of my tutors told us we would get bored very quickly once the course was over and I didn't believe her. I've got far too much to do to be getting bored....  Yep, she was right! I'm even going in next week to talk to the potential new students for this September which I'm quite looking forward to.

I'm quite sad to have left, I loved the history classes and the random discussions with the tutor (the one who said I'd get bored) about all sorts of strange things and we had a really good laugh as we both have the same sense of humour (which is a good job really as I finished one of my presentations off with a very bizarre and amazingly well photoshopped picture of a topless Hitler which she thought was hilarious).

I'm also going to miss the friends I've made as a lot of them are going off to various different universities around the country, but a few are going to Lincoln, albeit on different courses, so hopefully I will get to catch up with them occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment