Saturday 16 July 2016

Ok, so the prolific posting calmed down a bit and it’s been a month since I last posted anything.  The desk make-over was completed, I just need to write the post and upload the photos, but I’m really pleased with it.

Last year I fulfilled my ambition to finally see New Order play live and that was very quickly replaced with wanting to see them play live in Manchester, my home town where I first started listening to them and of course where they originate from – well, kind of, I know I’m going to annoy any Salfordians reading now, but Manchester and Salford, they’re the same thing really….. (if it’s any consolation my mum is from Salford. No? Ok, I’m sorry.)

Anyway, last weekend they played at the Castlefield Bowl and I was there, at the front, with my wonderful boyfriend protecting me from the over-enthusiastic crowd. It was amazing and once again I stood right in front of where Bernard tends to stand so I was only feet away from him with just a very bored security guard between us (and a steel barrier which I still have the bruises from getting crushed against a few times). I’ll try and upload some photos this week.

We had a great few days up in Manchester revisiting all my old favourite places and discovering some new ones. Afflecks Palace is still there and still thriving. I’m sure the third floor wasn’t open in my day but there’s a great café up there that we visited a few times for cheap but great food and coffee. Sadly the stall where I used to get my New Order 12”s from is no longer there, but there are several vinyl stalls which the boyfriend spent ages browsing and treated himself to some new stuff. I could easily have spent a small fortune in there but was very good and didn’t buy anything, saving my money for NO merchandise at the concert.

In other news, I got my official college results and have had my place at uni confirmed. I’m really excited about September now, not only for myself but also for my daughter who is starting at uni too.

It made me think again about it being a new start and should I choose a new surname to go with the new me but I decided I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle. I do like my surname, I should do as I chose it, so I think I’ll stick with it. I think I might have mentioned before I had a few people ask me when I got divorced if I’d change my name but like I say, I chose my current surname and I don’t know what I’d change it to now anyway. I didn’t like my maiden name and my married name was just awful – awful name, awful family!! Talking of divorce, I can’t believe it’s only 6 months ago it happened, I suppose the fact we split up over 6 years ago makes me think it was longer than that, and I think it would have happened a lot quicker if it hadn’t been for the fact my ex really didn’t want to marry his new girlfriend but couldn’t put it off any longer.

I’m sure they think I’ll be jealous or something when they get married but actually I’ll be really pleased for them, they’ll both be stuck with each other and both too pig-headed to split up so they’ll be miserable together. Anyway, I digress somewhat.


So, already July has been a fab month – I graduated from college, got my place confirmed, went to Manchester and saw New Order and then this weekend it was my boyfriend’s brother’s 40th. We were hoping to see him but he’s been in the studio recording another album so celebrating will have to wait until over the summer. The children finish school for the summer holidays on Thursday and I can’t wait for them to be at home with no school run to do until September. We’ve got a few plans for things to do so I’m really looking forward to spending time with them and no doubt hunting for Pokemon wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment