Friday 22 November 2013

I love Autumn – the nights drawing in, the temperature dropping, the perfect excuse to light the fire and close the curtains early, cosy slippers, warm clothes and a bit of knitting and crochet to keep my hands busy while catching up with the TV I’ve recorded.


I have several projects on the go at the moment.  Socks for the boys which are slightly fiddly on 2.5mm dpns but I do enjoy making them.  The first pair is this rainbow one for Jack.





I also have a crochet blanket on the go.  I have to admit to having a bit of an obsession with making blankets, you can never have too many, perfect for throwing over the back of a sofa or chair and to have to hand for children falling asleep on the sofa or when they are poorly and need to snuggle up on a makeshift bed on the sofa.  Or just for covering up when it’s chilly.





The pattern is from Attic24 and the yarn is Stylecraft from Deramores.  I’m about three quarters of the way there with this one but I’m already planning another couple in different colours.  I love the granny stitch stripes and it’s nice to work without having to actually think about it, it’s perfect for doing while watching television.  Another nice thing about making blankets is that once they get to a certain size they are big enough to cover you up as you work and keep you nice and cosy at the same time.  J  This one is so big that it covers three of us in a row so it’s going to be lovely and cosy once it’s finished.

This is Amos enjoying it while I'm working on it.





November is also when we celebrate the last two birthdays of the year.  Both children had a lovely day and were very lucky to get lots of lovely presents.  Now we're looking forward to Christmas and then the birthdays start again in February when I have three in three days to celebrate (and not a lot of chance of me forgetting G's birthday when it's sandwiched in between two of the children lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment