Wednesday 16 October 2013

October update

Since I last wrote anything quite a lot has happened – it’s been over 10 months!!! I know, I know, I’m terrible at this blogging lark lol

In one of my last posts I mentioned I was doing a year planner with a list of things I want to do this year – one of them was to see Anna Fur Laxis perform live. I didn’t achieve that but I did go one better!!

 A local(ish) burlesque club organised a pin-up hair and make-up workshop which was run by Anna so I actually got to meet her. I was soooo star-struck I made myself laugh. After she did my hair for me I decided I was never washing it again but sadly despite trying not to move overnight my victory roll had fallen out by the morning (and yes I have washed it since then lololol).




















Anna was lovely, I’m even more in love with her than I was before I met her and I am determined to see her perform live next year when she’s back from performing in Shanghai’s Cirque le soir. Oh, and I didn’t leave the workshop empty handed……





















Yes, I went home with a pair of her shoes. Ok, they’re two sizes too big for me but I really don’t care and yes, I do sometimes take them out of the wardrobe and stroke them – I wish I’d got her to sign them for me. ;-)

This is a photo of all of us ladies after we’d finished applying our make-up.















Photograph reproduced with permission from Louise Searby of PJS photography

 In August it was the third anniversary of me and the children moving here. I can’t believe it’s been that long since I made my bid for freedom and left my husband. Looking back over the past three years I have changed so much from the person I was then to the person I am now.

 In September I reached the big four-oh – I’d been dreading it until a couple of months beforehand when all of a sudden I found myself looking forward to it. I finally feel grown up now!!

 Also in September was R’s 18th birthday – the fact I now have two adult children makes me feel even older than turning 40!!

The other big event to happen in September was another milestone – my youngest started school. For the first time in over 20 years I have no pre-school children. I was expecting to feel a bit sad about it but I actually feel really pleased that I have now moved on from the baby/pre-school stage.

 I’ve just started a new module with the OU. I decided to change my study path from history to the social sciences so it’s going to be interesting getting to know a whole new discipline but I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment